Information about Esophagogastroduodenoscopy
Experiencing Abdominal Pain? Seek Expert Care at Capitol Gastro!
Are you feeling uncomfortable? Dealing with bloating, cramps, or abdominal pain that comes in waves? These symptoms could be a warning sign of a serious health condition. Don’t ignore them. Seek the expertise of the gastroenterologists at Capitol Gastro.
Make An Appointment
Mesa Gastro specializes in diagnosing and treating the underlying causes of abdominal pain. Our experienced gastroenterologists offer on-site diagnostic procedures, including advanced capsule endoscopy. We provide comprehensive care and personalized solutions for your well-being.
Book your consultation online or call us today to take the first step towards relief.
This test is helpful in determining:
- The cause of upper GI (gastrointestinal) bleeding
- The cause of swallowing difficulties
- The presence of ulcerations or inflammation
- The cause of abdominal pain
- The condition of the stomach and duodenum after an operation
- The presence of tumors or other abnormalities of the upper GI tract
- Esophageal damage from Acid Reflux
An EGD may show:
- Ulcers (acute or chronic)
- Inflammation of the stomach and duodenum
- Diverticula (abnormal pouches in the lining of the intestines)
- Gastric masses
To Prepare for an EGD:
The best results come from having an empty stomach. We ask that you do not take any blood thinning medications.
No solid food after midnight on the night before the exam. You may have clear liquids up to 4 hours prior to the procedure, then nothing to eat or drink.
Clear Liquids include:
- Strained fruit juices with out pulp (apple, white grape, lemonade)
- Clear broth or bouillon
- Coffee or tea (without milk or non-dairy creamer)
SAFETY OF OUR PATIENTS IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. IN ORDER FOR THIS PROCEDURE TO BE PERFORMED, YOU MUST HAVE A RIDE HOME. YOU WILL NOT BE DISCHARGED FORM THE ENDOSCOPY FACILITY UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ADULT DRIVING YOU HOME, OR ONE WHO WILL ACCOMPANY YOU IN A TAXI OR SOME OTHER FORM OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
For more information on EGD please visit:
Medicine Plus http://medlineplus.gov
Web MD http://www.webmd.com